Join Our Team! Senior Commercial Executive (Tourism)
13th Jul 2021
Senior Commercial Executive (Tourism)
The Irish National Stud and Gardens is one of Irelands leading tourist attractions. With the launch of the exciting Irish Racehorse Experience we are well positioned to capitalize on post COVID recovery opportunities in the Tourism Sector. We are seeking an enthusiastic Commercial Executive to drive demand for our range of visitor attraction amenities and services. Reporting to the Tourism Manager, the successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role in the Tourism Industry. A competitive package will be offered to the successful candidate.
- To proactively sell all tourism facilities, meeting and event services as well as all products and services provided by the attraction.
- To create, deliver and continuously develop a strategic sales plan.
- To manage and maintain excellent CRM data.
- To develop and maintain excellent relationships with key customers and stakeholders
- To assist the Tourism team in developing and promoting high quality visitor experiences
- To support the INS in achieving overall budget targets, through the management and development of the following channels:
- Destination management companies (DMC’s), Tour Operators- Domestic, International and on- line.
- Private, Corporate and Educational Groups and F.I.T.’s
- Local/National and International lead generation and referrals.
- MICE and Professional Conference Organisers (PCO’s)
- Retail activities and Restaurant Franchise.
The Person: Key skills and experience
- Five + years’ experience in a business development /key account management role in the tourism and hospitality sector.
- An excellent ability to make and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- A demonstrable record of delivering increased demand and turnover, in line with agreed targets.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, as well as good presentation ability.
- Strong completer – finisher skills, with good attention to detail. Team Player.
- Flexibility to travel to key trade missions in Ireland and overseas.
- Knowledge of the thoroughbred sector is not essential but would be helpful.
Those Interested should forward their letter of introduction and CV to Orla Hennelly, HR Manager Irish National Stud, Tully, Co Kildare, or email email@example.com before close of business on Friday 30st July. The Irish National Stud is an equal opportunities employer.