About The Stud & Horse Stud Farm
The farm at Tully was purchased from the Fay family in 1900 by Colonel William Hall Walker. Hall Walker became the most successful breeder of the age, enjoying his finest hour when King Edward VII led MINORU, born and raised at Tully, into Epsom's winner's enclosure following a famous victory in the 1909 Derby.
In 1917 the farm and all its stock was gifted to the Crown and became The National Stud under the leadership of Sir Henry Greer. The success continued with the farm producing the winners of all five Classics. In 1942 SUN CHARIOT, born and bred at Tully, earned herself an indelible place in racing history when landing the fillies' Triple Crown - the 1,000 Guineas, Oaks and St. Leger – for King George VI.
Almost seven decades later, in May 2011, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II came to the Irish National Stud to see for herself where the winners of five Classics for her family were produced.